Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Vantage V8
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After selling my F8 Tributo I wanted another ride to pair with my Huracan that was more of a touring car. Landed on either a Roma or new Vantage.

Found an ideal spec China Grey new Vantage at Carlock in Nashville and pulled the trigger.

Initial impression are favorable. My only real gripe is the ZF trans versus a proper DCT.

Heads off for PPF and tint in the AM.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats. I like the yellow calipers.

I took my "touring" car on a 3500 road trip to christen it and found that it has decent storage space and reasonable mpg. Ground clearance also works pretty well for orchards, vineyards, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a 2015 v8 vantage gt with 8600 miles in late april and have already driven it nearly 6000 miles. Thought about moving up to a 2019 but after driving decide against it because of the gearbox. The sportshift II is a proper DCT that when in sport mode is the most joyous experience. The ZF is a true automatic that can be manually shifted and is in my opinion not nearly as engaging to drive. The PDK in my porsche is just the opposite, more enjoyable in auto than shifting manually. Love the new body style but wish it was a different tranny.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Luckily we all have choices. It would be pretty boring if we all had to drive the same thing.

Personally, I’ve never found the perfect car. There’s always one or two things I would change. Even if I had money to burn and could go to Aston and say, “ Hey, here’s $4MM bones, build me my proper bespoke car,.” I’d probably still have a couple things to compromise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Remember, as called out in the Manual. With the DCT transmission, when you first start the car wait up to 10-seconds for the Clutch to go through “Learning” before going into gear. Otherwise the transmission can be rough shifting. The newer Vantage has a light that goes out after about 5-seconds to show learning is finished. I have a 6-speed stick, which is the Only Way To Go! I’m also a member of: The Manual Gearbox Preservation Society - Home

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am coming from a 991.1 Turbo and I miss the dual clutch occasionally, but not often. In fact, I think the "delay" in the ZF shift promotes more theatrics in the exhaust note; I will say there isn't a single time that a faster shift (up or down), would have shaved off any meaningful time to get to the office or a coffee. I could not be more pleased with my '19 Vantage

·
Registered
22 Posts
Remember, as called out in the Manual. With the DCT transmission, when you first start the car wait up to 10-seconds for the Clutch to go through “Learning” before going into gear. Otherwise the transmission can be rough shifting. The newer Vantage has a light that goes out after about 5-seconds to show learning is finished. I have a 6-speed stick, which is the Only Way To Go! I’m also a member of: The Manual Gearbox Preservation Society - Home
Hi Dick I too am a huge manual transmission guy. I've had a ton of Porsches, a couple of Audi R8's and a Ferrari 360 all with manual transmissions. Love em all. I bought a 2021 Vantage with a manual gearbox last year though and hated it. The dogleg 7 speed was horrible to shift, and the car was slow in the first couple of gears. I understand the ECU reduces power in the first two gears on the manual to save the transmission. I've since traded it for the ZF automatic, and it is a much nicer car with that transmission. Way faster as well. A PDK style gearbox would be great, but the ZF is really nice too, and I feel really suits the car. Just my 2 cents
Plant White Motor vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts