Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up to this forum. Considering a Vantage or DB9 (want a manual) for my next car. Currently, I drive a 2007 Jaguar XK Coupe & 2005 Range Rover HSE (Vogue).

Not planning on getting an AM right away, but for me it takes a lot research before I feel confident in looking. Here to learn what to look for.

I was parked next to a Vantage at last years British Car Day and surprised how small it was compared to the XK. From what I read the DB9 is a little smaller in length, but lower.

XK and DB9 look quite similar IMO. I really missing driving a manual.

I hope to learn a lot here to make my next car an Aston!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you find all of the information you seek here. The V8V and DB9 are both great cars, worlds beyond the older cars as far as reliability.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a DB9 with sport pack and manual trans, AWESOME car! A V8V will be much easier to find with a manual trans, not many DB9s with a manual trans. Both are great options but, nothing compares to the noises a V12 makes..... Just sayin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a DB9 with sport pack and manual trans, AWESOME car! A V8V will be much easier to find with a manual trans, not many DB9s with a manual trans. Both are great options but, nothing compares to the noises a V12 makes..... Just sayin
How do V8 and V12 engines compare in reliability? Do they share the same transmission?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does the convertible in both DB9 & Vantage compare to coupe in rigidity? Is there a big difference in the ride?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts