Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up to this forum. Considering a Vantage or DB9 (want a manual) for my next car. Currently, I drive a 2007 Jaguar XK Coupe & 2005 Range Rover HSE (Vogue).

Not planning on getting an AM right away, but for me it takes a lot research before I feel confident in looking. Here to learn what to look for.

I was parked next to a Vantage at last years British Car Day and surprised how small it was compared to the XK. From what I read the DB9 is a little smaller in length, but lower.

XK and DB9 look quite similar IMO. I really missing driving a manual.

I hope to learn a lot here to make my next car an Aston!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a DB9 with sport pack and manual trans, AWESOME car! A V8V will be much easier to find with a manual trans, not many DB9s with a manual trans. Both are great options but, nothing compares to the noises a V12 makes..... Just sayin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a DB9 with sport pack and manual trans, AWESOME car! A V8V will be much easier to find with a manual trans, not many DB9s with a manual trans. Both are great options but, nothing compares to the noises a V12 makes..... Just sayin
How do V8 and V12 engines compare in reliability? Do they share the same transmission?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.