Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site and due not own an Aston Martin. However, up until last week, I owned a 1990 Jaguar XJS V-12 convertible with only 64,000 miles on it. It served me as a wonderful first car. That's right, my first car purchased for me by my father, approximatley one year ago, when I was at the ripe old age of 15 and a half.

I realize that this probably isn't very impressive to the members of this forum, since I'm sure the average income of the forum members is well in six figure territory. However, for a young, middle class teen, such as myself, owning a gorgeous vehicle such as an XJS convertible, which is in some ways similar to an Aston Martin DB7 (which is my dream car) is quite an amazing experience. One that I gave up only to obtain a car of even greater beauty, stature and performance, a Jaguar XK8 convertible, which is in a sense a poor man's DB7. Thus, I shall obtain my dream car, in a slightly lesser form, and at sixteen actually be able to afford it. I loved my XJS, and the V-12 was an engineering masterpiece. The ride quality and smooth power deliver were beyond reproach, relative to the impressively long list of prestige, sport and luxury vehicles I have had the honor and privalege of driving. I have yet to drive an XK8, however, I have driven my father's XJ8, which I can honestly say is the only car which I have driven that was both quicker and smoother than my XJS. (It gets much better gas milage as well.)

I'm sure that the XK8's are equally as impressive, and with prices depreciating to remakably affordable levels, they are now nearly within my grasp. If I work for the rest of the summer, coupling this income with the money sitting in my bank from the sale of my XJS, I can afford my poor man's DB7! I just so happened to stumble across your very well organized forum while running a google search on Aston Martins, and figured why ask: Since I do love both Jaguars and Aston Martins, and soon intend to purchase an XK8 and hopefully in the not to distance future a DB7, iI just wanted to know some key differeces as far as ride quality, performance, options, luxury features, reliability, and how the two compare overall. I realize that the DB7 is probably a superior vehicle to the XK8, but I would hope so. I mean, how else could you justify such an immense price difference?

Thank you in advance for all of your help,
Sincerely,
Jagman1990 Waco, Texas

By the way, I composed this passage, soley on my own, withou help from a dictionary, thesaurus, parent, or the such. I honestly speak like this, and am not just trying to impress anyone with my large vocabulary. I have always been raised to speak well, and choose my words in a diplomatic and tactful manner. I am a straight A student and have been since the second grade, which is why my father bestowed upon me such an amazing first car. (He probably also realized that I am hopefully going to obtain a scholarship, therefore he could splurge and spend my college money on my car!)

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts