Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Anson, I just got my Vantage V8 2007 model. And still learning about the car, in my country very rare and hard to find the correct workshop to maintain for me. I hope here i can get some advise ..

I have few question still looking for answer:
1. Can i know which engine oil should i go for V8? Because i saw on the oil cap written recommended Castrol, but which Castrol range is the suitable..? And how many liter for this V8 capacity?

2. I realize my both door power window can auto down, but cannot auto up, is this suppose be like that ? Or can be set ??

3. For door unlock during pick up passenger. This i realize when i pick up passenger, i was in the car want to unlock the door lock, got a button in the middle of center console, press is for lock, "cross out" is for unlock, so i cross out to unlock, i heard the unlock sound from both door, but the door still remain lock and can't open from outside. I need to open from the door handle inside the car only the door can open. As usual 1st time unlock, 2nd time for door open. In this case, is it my center door lock switch got problem or my door locking system problem ?

Hope to hear some advise, thanks ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

Regarding the windows its normal ”auto down/normal up”.

The door lock problem I did face it and they change the ”lock assy” under the warranty and its work now
Hi, thanks for the answer..

For the "lock assy", my unit is no more warranty in here. Can i have more info about the lock assy ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oil for Vantage V8

I believe that the owners manual (which should have come with the car) and the service manual stipulate a Fully Synthetic 10W-60 oil meeting API SL/CF or ACEA A3/B3/B4
Several manufacturers make fully synthetic oils and with later (better) specifications API SM or SN for example. Since the 10W-60 is very hard to find the manual also stipulates 5W-50 with the same API or ACEA specification. Castrol, Mobile and others make 5W-50 with API SL/SM/SN (the SM or SN are the latest specs and better oils) and meeting ACEA A3/B3/B4 or better. If you are in Indonesia the containers are probably labeled with the ACEA specs. I wouldn't buy oils that are not clearly labeled with meeting either API or ACEA specs. Again, you should check your owner's manual just to make sure. Also, do not use oils that are not fully synthetic as they are not compatible with your engine and seals.
I think that volume required is 10-11 liters for an oil change.
Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Leftcoaster & altawashm..

I will go through again and see. Because the car is import used from UK, no complete info from the car dealer here .. Sigh..

Btw, the PDF can't open .

·
Registered
12 Posts
The oil spec for the AM Vanatage is Castrol Formula RS 10W-60. Your windows are operating normally - auto down & manual up. On the door lock have you tried unlocking the dorr with your key fob? If that works & the lock/unlock button on the console does not then you know where your problem is. Hope you figure it out.
tjfdb9

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rear brake pad.

Hey dude, been away few months ago.. Ok, will try what you said. Thanks.

Anyone have any idea what part number for V8 Vantage "Rear Brake pad", mine is time to change, after i shop few workshop, they can't get the brake pad in my country. Hmmmmm, thinking to order myself from oversea. And some say have few type of rear brake pad, so... even make me confuse.. :(

Anyone can advise ? And any web link i can order the brake pad?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts