Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you go to the website below and register (free), then go to the Gaydon section, you will find your question has been asked by many potential buyers doing their research before buying. You will find everything you need to know about this model and the others from the company and the replies are posted by owners who have experienced the cars, not by those intent on running a brand down.
The post above is scaremongering, anyone can find faults with any car never mind a supercar or whatever you choose to call it. That video is old hat now. :rolleyes:

For proper advice I would suggest this: http://www.amoc.org/ ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have built a lot of race engines in the last 30 years and while I once refused to use any but the best 'racing pistons' from reputable suppliers/manufactures. I have found in the last 10 years or so that GM and Ford factory pistons have better uniformity in dimensions and weight than most of the racing pistons that I was spending way too much for. Ford's Racing parts have been particularly good. When I build an engine I 'blue print' it so I ask my balancing shop to bring the pistons within 5 grams of each other. They have found that many of the racing piston supplier's pistons require too much skirt removal to bring them within my specifications. Today's factory tolerance is quite superior to what I was used to in the 'old days'. So in short, it may not be such a bad thing to use Ford pistons. I have only 27K miles on my 2009 and have found it flawless in performance and the engine winds up quickly, very, very smoothly.
Well said :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts