Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My uncle has always wanted an Aston Martin, today was the day we went, explored the 3 models (vantage, db11 and the DBS supperleggera) and we went in with the mindset to order a DBS from factory only to find out that there are no more orders for them.

But luckily my uncle preferred the DB11 more. So we placed a deposit for a V12 DB11 hopefully for may 2022.

As for now the help I need... WE know little to nothing about Aston Martin besides the basics.

Was the V12 DB11 a good choice?

Can someone please guide us through the best must have options, as this will be a car he will keep for many years to come.

Is this the right time and good generation of DB11 to get into?

Anything we should know about the custom ordering of these new factory cars, is there any discount chance etc. SO far price is only given for the base MSRP with options TBD.

We are based in the Toronto area.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats to your uncle and I hope he enjoys his car.

First, IMO, if you love the looks of the car, then it is the right choice. All expensive modern cars drive pretty well, although there are differences, if your heart is satisfied all the other factors fall into place.

There are no bad choices, only different choices.

Specifically to the DB11, I would say the 8 cylinder is slightly more nimble but who doesn’t love the joy of a 12 cylinder. It would be a hard choice for me. I went Vantage because I am a smaller car person.

Second, I’m a bit of an options hound. I hardly ever see a box I don’t want to check. I like my bling so ordering new would give me the chance to really configure something you don’t see everyday. For me, that means a strong color, both inside and outside. Of course, your taste is your choice. I would just recommend you take your time, put in some effort and get it right for you. It’ll be expensive but in the long run, every time you sit in the car you will be glad you made the effort to spec it with care.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is the Best Introduction to the Aston Martin Brand from the time of the New Design under Ford: DB-9 in 2005 and Vantage V8 in 2006. It will give your Uncle some good background as well as informatiion on the newest DB, the DB-11. To get the most current information order the Kindle edition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

My uncle has always wanted an Aston Martin, today was the day we went, explored the 3 models (vantage, db11 and the DBS supperleggera) and we went in with the mindset to order a DBS from factory only to find out that there are no more orders for them.

But luckily my uncle preferred the DB11 more. So we placed a deposit for a V12 DB11 hopefully for may 2022.

As for now the help I need... WE know little to nothing about Aston Martin besides the basics.

Was the V12 DB11 a good choice?

Can someone please guide us through the best must have options, as this will be a car he will keep for many years to come.

Is this the right time and good generation of DB11 to get into?

Anything we should know about the custom ordering of these new factory cars, is there any discount chance etc. SO far price is only given for the base MSRP with options TBD.

We are based in the Toronto area.

Thank you!
Curious if you achieved any discount from the MSRP when placing an order at your dealer....thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My apologies for the late reply guys DickTaoe I appreciate the in-depth response and I will review those articles tonight.

Semitone... you put my thoughts into words, I guess I am not the biggest Aston Martin fan but as we went through the build with our dealer in Toronto, and realizing I knew far to little about the brand and how hands on the build process is, the cars heritage and many other cool facts... it turned out to be a cool experience. Car was built (and just like you hard to say no to every option as he was speccing his dream retirement car) but we did opt to not get the B&O speakers but everything else was checked. If you are interested I can send you a message with the configuration code.

Tahoe24x7... so basically we went to our only Aston Martin dealership who are also the main dealership for other luxury exotic brands. The timing seemed to not be In our favour and the way we approached it as in we want the car in our dream spec etc.. our sales person did not really discuss any MSRP discounts (Nor in the excitement did we ask) and since the process was split into a 2 day thing (first day deciding which model, then the engine and some general like okay here are some colours we usually like etc make us some specs), which after 2 weeks he made a handful of beautiful specs and we sat down and went through and tweaked and added stuff until we got to our final spec, which he then uploaded to his computer and printed a sheet where we for the first time saw prices. (5 k down first visit, 25K down the second visit once full spec was sent out).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts