Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
well, it's an older car, and less made
there where 886 DB5 Coupe's build and 1321 DB6 Coupe
with both not counting the Volante's & Shooting Brakes

and the price difference is not too great, you can buy 2 decent DB6's for the price of 1 decent DB5 :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
A local mechanic has the exact model from the movie "Moon Racker" and swears the owner will sell it for $30,000. Next time I'm at his shop I'll snap a photo.

What are the prices for a DB5? I thought the DB4 was the holy grail in the Aston Martin world.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Andrew said:
A local mechanic has the exact model from the movie "Moon Racker" and swears the owner will sell it for $30,000. Next time I'm at his shop I'll snap a photo.

What are the prices for a DB5? I thought the DB4 was the holy grail in the Aston Martin world.
bond didn't use a car in Moonraker

you are thinking of Goldfinger, that's the one with the DB5, and that car also appears in the beginning of GoldenEye

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I will email the person that has the car. It could have been in the movie The Living Daylights, but I believe he said Moon Raker. In Moon Raker was there an Aston parked at MI-6 that Bond never actually drove?

·
Registered
2 Posts
DB 5 values

They made an awful lot more of the Lotus' than they did with a DB5. That and along with the James Bond part is key to the value. A Lotus is a nice car but not hand made to the extent an early Aston was.
A shooting brake is not a DB4 Zagato but is an estate wagon or better known as a station wagon. They are very rare as very few were ever made of any model.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts