Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
I have a worry on my Aston Vantage 4.3 in 2006 that nobody can solve.

Here's the problem: Following a doubt about the power of my car, I made it past the bench and two things emerged.
First is a lack of horsepower and torque huge
Second air-fuel mixture too rich from 4000 rpm in a manner dangerous to the engine.

Following this, I brought my Aston Aston Martin in a garage that has tested the following:
- cylinder compression
- air inlets
- Exhaust
- Spark plug
Everything is perfect and I do not know what to do and what items to monitor.
I was talking about the problem might come from a vacuum hose or a loss of sealing of a hose, but I found nothing.

Anyone have a idea?

In advance, thank you all;)

Vincent

·
Registered
63 Posts
Vacuum leaks and faulty MAF sensor are the most common issues in modern cars causing rich running.

You should be monitoring throttle position, MAF reading and O2 sesnor voltages first and foremost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Vincent, Just a few questions.

Is there a lack of power when the engine is cold / from startup?

After driving for long enough to fully warm up the engine, what position does the engine temperature gauge show and does the heater blow hot air?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,
I removed the catalysts sports and everything is ok:)
By cons, big problems ... the car, entirely original configuration, only outputs 320 hp engine (278 hp to the wheels) and a torque of 361 Nm
Someone with an idea of the problem? There is no error code.
Thanks

Vincent

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Vincent - from what I've read. The 4.3 V8Vs have ranged between 290 to 310 hp at the wheel depending on the type of dyno used. Our drivetrain loss is calculated to be at 20-25%.

Here's a thread from a different forum - V8V 4.3 Power Output

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts