Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 2007 V8 Vantage has developed a problem with its door locks: when I press LOCK on the key fob, one door gets locked and the other unlocks. If I press it again, the locked door gets unlocked and the unlocked door gets locked. After several tries, both doors eventually get locked. I've tried using my other key fob, but it makes no difference. Also the lock button inside the car fails to lock or unlock at time, while at other times works fine. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Sometimes "rebooting" a computer or computerized system seem to fix a problem. So I tried the PANIC button on the key fob to make the alarm go off, then reset the alarm by putting the key in the ignition and turning it. But the problem still persists.

Any insight/recommendation? Any way to re-sync the locked/unlocked doors?

Thanks in advance.
00HAFT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I took the car in. The driver's side latch is the culprit, and needs to be replaced. Awaiting the part to arrive so it can be replaced.

00HAFT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They replaced both door latches. The invoice shows 6G43-65-10233 for the right door latch assembly, and 6G43-65-10234 for the left one. Good luck Farzu.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
My 2007 V8 Vantage has developed a problem with its door locks: when I press LOCK on the key fob, one door gets locked and the other unlocks. If I press it again, the locked door gets unlocked and the unlocked door gets locked. After several tries, both doors eventually get locked. I've tried using my other key fob, but it makes no difference. Also the lock button inside the car fails to lock or unlock at time, while at other times works fine. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Sometimes "rebooting" a computer or computerized system seem to fix a problem. So I tried the PANIC button on the key fob to make the alarm go off, then reset the alarm by putting the key in the ignition and turning it. But the problem still persists.

Any insight/recommendation? Any way to re-sync the locked/unlocked doors?

Thanks in advance.
00HAFT

I really don't know about such locking systems, whenever i came in trouble with the locking system, the only thing i do at the time is to call a Professional Locksmith to repair the locking system whether it is of my home or my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2001 DB7 Volante Door Locks

I have a 2001 DB7 Volante. The key fob flashes the lights and arms and disarms the alarm, but it does not lock/unlock the doors or fuel filler door. The actuator on the fuel filler door moves in and out, but does not lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Robert. I took it to the dealer and they said I need to replace all 3 solenoids (both doors and the gas cap). I told them I thought it was odd that all three would fail at the same time. Parts on order. I should know next week.

Jim Dancey

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 DB7 Volante Door Locks

I have a 2001 DB7 Volante. The key fob flashes the lights and arms and disarms the alarm, but it does not lock/unlock the doors or fuel filler door. The actuator on the fuel filler door moves in and out, but does not lock.
Call an auto locksmith for lock replacement and there will be no problem related to it in the future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts