Aston Martin Forum banner

pros and cons of model years 07-09 ?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lhanddds 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I'm new tothe forum and looking for a Vantage from 07-09. I am partial to the 09 because of the interior and guage updates but besides that can anybody give me the pros and cons on each model year. problems from each year to look out for.

Also would you recommend the automatic or the manual. I don't mind driving the stick but I woudl be willing to get the auto as long as there arent many problems associated with it.

Thanks in advance for and advice you can offer.

#3 ·
A vantage is a spectacular car, you won't be disappointed.
2007 was really the first year:
Pro: can get one for a pretty low price as the depreciation decline has already taken its biggest hit
Con: no steering wheel controls, ant. in body not window
Pro: can get one for about $5-15K more then an 07, has steering wheel audio controls, bluetooth, ipod interface, some minor tweaks
Con: none that I can think of
Pro: huge update to engine with more horsepower, updated console to match DBS
Con: you are looking at a used one going for $25K-$30K more then a 2007

#5 ·
the sportshift has been updated since 2007 but I don't think the 09 has the upgrade. 07 was the first year for the sportshift and the roadster (mine has both ;)) I use my car daily and I like the sportshift option to go fully automatic if I want. It's a little quirky but you learn how to use it properly. I'm sure the later upgrade is nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.