Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Vantage V8 Roadster - 6 Spd Manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. First post and first Aston. I just purchased a 2008 Vantage V8 Roadster 6 spd manual with 24K miles on the clock. What a machine.

Somewhere during its life the radio display was replaced by a DB9 green screen version. While the radio works, it is not the white display and several functions are inoperable including the steering wheel controls.

Is the head programmable or will I need to find an original version somewhere? And if I find it, is it plug and play or does it require dealer intervention?

Thanks in advance. My first AM is amazing and am really enjoying it. Getting ready to do the basic maintenance and can really appreciate the engineering and design elements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello All. First post and first Aston. I just purchased a 2008 Vantage V8 Roadster 6 spd manual with 24K miles on the clock. What a machine.

Somewhere during its life the radio display was replaced by a DB9 green screen version. While the radio works, it is not the white display and several functions are inoperable including the steering wheel controls.

Is the head programmable or will I need to find an original version somewhere? And if I find it, is it plug and play or does it require dealer intervention?

Thanks in advance. My first AM is amazing and am really enjoying it. Getting ready to do the basic maintenance and can really appreciate the engineering and design elements.
The only Astons that have Apple Car Play, are those that have been modified. A company in England makes the kit and several Independent shops in the US Install the System. To accommodate this improvement you must have the original Aston Nav System because that‘s what interfaces with the modifications. You can also have a back-up camera installed as a part of the upgrade. Going all the way to an Apple Car Play system may be a better approach than trying to “fix” the radio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts