Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the forum , was looking at possibly buying a 2011 rapide but it had and engine knock . What do you think the cost would be to buy a new engine or do they rebuild the one in the car ? Just trying to figure out the poss cost . Thanks guys .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi new to the forum , was looking at possibly buying a 2011 rapide but it had and engine knock . What do you think the cost would be to buy a new engine or do they rebuild the one in the car ? Just trying to figure out the poss cost . Thanks guys .
Hi. Here are some actual very recent numbers for a blown AM29 engine on my 2016 Vanquish I just had replaced under AM warranty in UK, so you can see how much it cost and the parts they used. The car had full AMSH and recently serviced. Big ends failed (maybe because of rear pistons) & completely seized motor at 18500 miles. A new 'long block' was provisioned and refitted with all existing ancillary components. Cost in GB Pounds: Parts = £10,634. Labour = 34 hours (£3416 - probably at their internal cost rate - expect to pay at least double that as a punter). They had to split the body from the chassis to do the job - you would need all the tools for this job! ECUs need to be reflashed and the 'misfire' calibration sequence needs to be done too. Even the official franchise that did mine did not get it 100% right and it had to go back to Works to be 'finessed'. Also changed all the ignition coils - another £1000. Car was off the road for 8 weeks in total over three trips to the dealers / works. Still worth it though! I bought it for the engine and that does not disappoint (until it goes pop!). Pics below may help. Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Engineering Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Aircraft engine
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Engineering

Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
18 Posts
The "knock" in the Rapide you are considering may not require a new engine. The V12 engine in my 2010 DBS Volante Carbon Black started misfiring earlier this year. The engine had 31,500 miles and the cost to put it right was $5,190 (USD). All ignition coils were replaced at a cost of $2,260 and three fouled spark plugs at a cost of $188 each. Labor was $1,940 and some other parts including a GSKT I. manifold/HD (whatever that is) rounded out the total cost. It runs perfectly now. Judging by the invoice VanquishMF16 posted, service costs in North Carolina USA are substantially higher than in the UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.