Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat belt warning light flashes on start up: 3 times, then two, then continuously on. It has been "fixed" by the dealer twice by "cleaning and lubricating contact." The code supposedly reads "bad connection, drivers side." Where is this connector? I see three multiple pin connectors harnessed to the front cross member under the driver's seat. A fourth pair of wires (one is pink) runs further back and is not reachable without removing the seat. There is no indication that the mechanic removed the seat previously (2001 Vantage Volante, LHD/American market) HELP! Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Am a fairly new DB7 owner, but have messed with British cars for years. The area under the seat can become a trap for dirt, moisture, french fries, etc. As the area is so tight, I am betting you can't easily mess with those connectors. If you remove the seat and unplug the connectors, see what kind of shape the contact points are in. I have a spray can of "TV Tuner Cleaner." Bought it at Radio Shack (now gone) but I am sure it is available someplace. It literally cleans gunk off the contacts, but also leaves a thin coating of lubricant that helps keep corrosion from building up. Don't know if that will do it, but it has worked on similar stuff for me in the past.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts