Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! I have a 2009 DB9 and I am looking to breathe a little life into the exhaust. My question is has anyone done a cat and muffler delete on one of these? I like the way the muffler delete sounds, but was planning on doing a cat delete as well at some point.

I want a nice aggressive sound, but not one that's obnoxious. I want to be able to hear the engine better without sounding like a teenager if that makes sense. That is why I am wondering if anyone has deleted both. If so, how is the drone in the cab? How loud is it at cruising speeds?

Furthermore, if the cat AND muffler delete is too much, what would yall suggest? How does the cat delete sound with a stock muffler? Also, I have heard the secondary cats can get clogged after a while, so would it be better to get rid of those power/weak link wise instead of the muffler?

Thanks!

Austin

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have done a complete secondary cat AND muffler delete on my DB9. I had Velocity create me a set of "Silencer delete" pipes that fit directly in place of the silencer to route the exhaust right out the tips in the muffler as intended. This was something I had commissioned Stuart at Velocity AP to build as a "one of" and I don't think there's another set in existence anywhere.

I have sold my DB9 but the new owner wanted a different exhaust set up so I still have the muffler delete pipes if you're interested. I also have both a "x pipe" secondary cat delete, as well as a "H-pipe" secondary cat delete. The "H-pipe" is another part I had Velocity build for me exclusively. At that time there were only "X-pipe" cat deletes and I wanted to hear the difference between the H and X pipe.

I think I have tried every conceivable option and combination of parts to acquire the "perfect" noise from my DB9 as well as my current DBS. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss any other ideas. These parts are packed in boxes ready to ship if you are interested. Very easy for 1 guy to change any of the exhaust components very quickly and easily.

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.