Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Refueling has just become an issue with the gas pump shutting off too frequently. There is no CEL so i went ahead and replaced the fuel vapor purge valve located in the engine compartment with no remedy of the problem. Where should i look next?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interested to see what you find out. This has been happening to my 2007 as well.
It could be anything at this point. Replacing vapor purge valve would be the easiest fix but now it could be a clogged vent hose or something mechanical. I may have to take it to the dealer for diagnostics

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well may have not been my car at all...I always go to the same service station to fill up, and the past two times I have used the same pump. Today, I tried a different service station and it pumped the car to full, no issues. So perhaps it was the actual fuel nozzle and not my car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's interesting. We have only one local station that sells 93 octane ethanol-free gas but i have tried pumping from two different pumps but with no change in the result. I can hear the gas swell up in the neck before the pump cuts off so i believe i have a real issue

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have this problem regularly while filling various vehicles (Range Rover, Jaguar, DBS). It is definitely the service station pump in every case. Hot weather makes it worse and I believe that is because the gasoline vapors are thicker in summer due to increased evaporation due to heat. Many of the auto-shut-off sensors on station pump nozzles are too sensitive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts