Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and hopefully will be a new owner of a Vantage roadster. But wanted to get your opinions if I should wait for the 09 Vantage. I've read about the changes but the dealer is offering a great deal on an 08, probably much better than on an 09. So do you think I should get it now? Anyone drive both an 08 and 09? Thanks.
Bill

·
Super Moderator
364 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and hopefully will be a new owner of a Vantage roadster. But wanted to get your opinions if I should wait for the 09 Vantage. I've read about the changes but the dealer is offering a great deal on an 08, probably much better than on an 09. So do you think I should get it now? Anyone drive both an 08 and 09? Thanks.
Bill
Depends on if depreciation is a concern. Also how urgently you want the car. Your best deal on a roadster will be in early 09.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
08 vs 09

I've driven an 06, 07 and 08 and just this week, an 09. The 09 feels light years better in quickness, overall speed, ride comfort, etc. And a few of the interor upgrades and dash layout are much nicer. I didn't like the harsh and choppy ride in the earlier cars, but the new 09 seems to have that corrected. I only drove a sportshift car, as no 6 spd's were available yet. While the sportshift felt OK, I suspect the 6 spd is better. I have an 06 F430 and the sportshift is no match for the Ferrari F1 tranny.
I will say the sportshift felt and seemed to operate a lot better than the new Porsche PDK. I hate the Porsche unit and will stick with my 6-spd in our '07 C4S.
Yet, it may come down to $$$ for all of us. I suspect the dealers are not yet of a mind deal too much on the new 09's. Yet, but in this economy, I suspect they will soon do anything to bring in buyers!
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
364 Posts
I've driven an 06, 07 and 08 and just this week, an 09. The 09 feels light years better in quickness, overall speed, ride comfort, etc. And a few of the interor upgrades and dash layout are much nicer. I didn't like the harsh and choppy ride in the earlier cars, but the new 09 seems to have that corrected. I only drove a sportshift car, as no 6 spd's were available yet. While the sportshift felt OK, I suspect the 6 spd is better. I have an 06 F430 and the sportshift is no match for the Ferrari F1 tranny.
I will say the sportshift felt and seemed to operate a lot better than the new Porsche PDK. I hate the Porsche unit and will stick with my 6-spd in our '07 C4S.
Yet, it may come down to $$$ for all of us. I suspect the dealers are not yet of a mind deal too much on the new 09's. Yet, but in this economy, I suspect they will soon do anything to bring in buyers!
Good luck.

Why Aston can't fit its cars with F1 paddle gearbox that matches the Ferrari one is beyond me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.