Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my insurance company Total my 2013 DB 9 Volante because repair shop could not source the front right fender and front bumper. I was told the front bumper is no longer being manufactured. Don’t understand why Aston Martin would allow this to happed to DB 9 which was manufactured through 2016. Does anyone know why they are not encouraging a parts manufacturer who bought the molds to restart production of these essential parts. Hurts the brand.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sad to hear but not surprised. Aston customer service and support seems to be total crap since Stroll took over. Maybe it was before but I didn’t own one of the cars back then. This can’t go on for much longer. I think they are going to have to file bankruptcy soon and hopefully sort all this stuff out on the other side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could find one on ebay in 5min. I can't understand how they're struggling with this.
This is just the first one I saw.. lots more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought car manufactures had to maintain parts for repairs for a certain number of years in the US. Apparently that just isn't true upon further research.

This can't be good for insurance rates.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are supply chain issues for all auto parts regardless of the manufacturer thanks to the covid mess. I have no doubt you could get a brand new DB9 fender from AM, it just might take a while. I have a 2010 DBS that need some parts and they took over a month to arrive from the UK. I am guessing that the body shop that gave the estimate for the repair got lazy after realizing it might take a while and told your insurance company they could not get it. I would take the car to another body shop, preferably one that has a relationship with your AM dealer (call your AM dealer service manager and ask which repair shops in the area they deal with).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts