Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my insurance company Total my 2013 DB 9 Volante because repair shop could not source the front right fender and front bumper. I was told the front bumper is no longer being manufactured. Don’t understand why Aston Martin would allow this to happed to DB 9 which was manufactured through 2016. Does anyone know why they are not encouraging a parts manufacturer who bought the molds to restart production of these essential parts. Hurts the brand.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sad to hear but not surprised. Aston customer service and support seems to be total crap since Stroll took over. Maybe it was before but I didn’t own one of the cars back then. This can’t go on for much longer. I think they are going to have to file bankruptcy soon and hopefully sort all this stuff out on the other side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could find one on ebay in 5min. I can't understand how they're struggling with this.
This is just the first one I saw.. lots more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought car manufactures had to maintain parts for repairs for a certain number of years in the US. Apparently that just isn't true upon further research.

This can't be good for insurance rates.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are supply chain issues for all auto parts regardless of the manufacturer thanks to the covid mess. I have no doubt you could get a brand new DB9 fender from AM, it just might take a while. I have a 2010 DBS that need some parts and they took over a month to arrive from the UK. I am guessing that the body shop that gave the estimate for the repair got lazy after realizing it might take a while and told your insurance company they could not get it. I would take the car to another body shop, preferably one that has a relationship with your AM dealer (call your AM dealer service manager and ask which repair shops in the area they deal with).

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I just had my insurance company Total my 2013 DB 9 Volante because repair shop could not source the front right fender and front bumper. I was told the front bumper is no longer being manufactured. Don’t understand why Aston Martin would allow this to happed to DB 9 which was manufactured through 2016. Does anyone know why they are not encouraging a parts manufacturer who bought the molds to restart production of these essential parts. Hurts the brand.
Try www.astonmartinbits.com. It's a UK site and I have found OEM New and also used parts from them Including body panels. I know some Insurance Co.'s will only allow parts purchased through a Authorized dealer
I may be in the same boat one day my (2009 DBS Manual).
Good luck we are Cheering for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They totaled the car because they couldn’t find the body parts?! That’s astounding. I actually have that same car and same year… I could find myself in the same predicament tomorrow. No wonder Insurance rates are ridiculously expensive. You should buy your car back from the Ins Co and then fix it yourself……you’re bound to find the parts you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts