Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi at all, I'm new on this forum. I come from Italy. I need some infos about the DB7 3.2, I bought it 2 years ago and during the time I changed many parts like the front grille, rims, rear lights ecc.

-I'd like to put on it a new exhaust, the only one that I found on the web is this one:
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/...1994-96)_ASTON MARTIN_367_productbulletin.htm
Does some of you have already bought it? Do you know if it is a reliable exhaust? Is it homologated? Do you know other exhaust for my car?

-I'd like to know, if the Brembo brakes from the V12 Vantage are better than my original Tarox6, would like to know if the braking is different and if it is necessary put them on my car.

-I would like to know if exist mirrors for my car electrically folding.

-The last help that I need is that I'd like to buy, the trunk from V12 Vantage GT because I like the little spoiler very much.
http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezf...S/aston_martin_db7_gt_7_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

Do you know where can I find it, how much it cost and if I can put it on my I6 talking about measures.

Thank you in advance, hope you could help me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
one answer!

Wow lots of questions! Exhausts,I think the Quicksilver route is probably one of the best.Brakes,you dont say what year your car is,early, non-airbag cars have unvented discs on the rear so quite a good upgrade of early cars is to go for later rear discs,easily swopped and about the same price BUT you would need the later,wider calipers as the discs are thicker.V12 brembo brakes would be very expensive as the hubs are different.Personnaly I would stay with existing but try some of the many different discs(slotted,drilled) and pads that are available to standard spec.
MIRRORS , I think are Citroen,but I dont think you will be lucky!
BOOT,not sure but even if it did fit you would have the colour problem,would it not it be cheaper to mod your existing boot? as the colours on later cars are different

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow lots of questions! Exhausts,I think the Quicksilver route is probably one of the best.Brakes,you dont say what year your car is,early, non-airbag cars have unvented discs on the rear so quite a good upgrade of early cars is to go for later rear discs,easily swopped and about the same price BUT you would need the later,wider calipers as the discs are thicker.V12 brembo brakes would be very expensive as the hubs are different.Personnaly I would stay with existing but try some of the many different discs(slotted,drilled) and pads that are available to standard spec.
MIRRORS , I think are Citroen,but I dont think you will be lucky!
BOOT,not sure but even if it did fit you would have the colour problem,would it not it be cheaper to mod your existing boot? as the colours on later cars are different
Thank you! do you know if the exhaust is homologated? if it is louder than the original? My car is a 1996 one, I think it has not airbag. Could you suggest me some right disks, if is possible original from some DB7 model.
For the boot I always can repaint it or make a new paint job, the car is old, it would be nice a new paint.
I'd like also an ECU to increase the power, can you suggest one?
Thanks in advance!
The car is this one:

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
Hi at all, I'm new on this forum. I come from Italy. I need some infos about the DB7 3.2, I bought it 2 years ago and during the time I changed many parts like the front grille, rims, rear lights ecc.

-I'd like to put on it a new exhaust, the only one that I found on the web is this one:
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/...1994-96)_ASTON MARTIN_367_productbulletin.htm
Does some of you have already bought it? Do you know if it is a reliable exhaust? Is it homologated? Do you know other exhaust for my car?

-I'd like to know, if the Brembo brakes from the V12 Vantage are better than my original Tarox6, would like to know if the braking is different and if it is necessary put them on my car.

-I would like to know if exist mirrors for my car electrically folding.

-The last help that I need is that I'd like to buy, the trunk from V12 Vantage GT because I like the little spoiler very much.
http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezf...S/aston_martin_db7_gt_7_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

Do you know where can I find it, how much it cost and if I can put it on my I6 talking about measures.

Thank you in advance, hope you could help me!

Try Eurospares in the UK.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your tarox6 brakes are not original!the rears are the same size as the v12 and the fronts only slightly smaller diameter 20ml (I think). To be quite honest,your car is great (nice pics) as it is,if you want further changes I would just buy a vantage instead.You could spend a hideous amount and only reduce the resale value of the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts