Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before, but I think it is becoming more popular. It was suggested that I fit A DBS Quicksilver super sport exhaust onto my 2009 DB9. Anyone done this? How does it sound?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments. I looked on the quicksilver web site and they show that the noise level is a liitle louder at lower revs but gets incrementally louder the higher the revs are. So I hope on the highway unless you are "speeding" it shuold not be too loud. You raised a good point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
too loud

My dealer fitted a DBS supersport exhaust on my DB9. It turned out to be too loud at 1500rpm...a deep drone. They are refitting it with a DB9 supersport exhaust, hopefully a little less deep drone at lower rpm.I will let you guys know. Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys, sorry for the delay. Firstly, to answer your question, no I did not check the Larini system. The reason being that the quicksilver system seemed to be one that a lot of Aston owners were using, and one that my dealership was accustomed to fitting. That what’s made me make the decision to go with Quicksilver. The DB9 quicksilver super sports system was fitted last week. It sounds great and I don’t have the low rpm "drone" that the DBS system had. I find it has a great sound when starting and during acceleration, and then settled into a comfortable level while cruising. Hope this helps other owners with a 2009 DB9.

PS the dealership told me that Aston Martin did change the exhaust system for 2009, so my findings do not refer to earlier models

1 - 7 of 7 Posts