Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of any power increases coming for the DBS and Vantage V12? I believe this engine has been in its current state since 2007...seems about time for some more power....yes?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has anyone heard of any power increases coming for the DBS and Vantage V12? I believe this engine has been in its current state since 2007...seems about time for some more power....yes?
I believe not on the current lineup..
Again the VH500 and the VH600 are Aston's projects for replacing the DB9 and the V8 Vantage...
They are due in 2013 or so, and an increase in engine output is expected (However, the same Cosworth V12 will be used on the DB9, as I know so far). I will be doubting it will be a large increase in power, because the main objective of the program is\will be to save weight (from what I have read so far).

The main objective of this program however, is to decrease the weight of the cars significantly, I believe below 1500 kg for the DB9, even less for the Vantage. The One 77 project was a practice of doing so (the weight of the car indicates that alone). They are trying to adapt several parts of the VH platform to fulfill more than one purpose at the same time (I believe one example will be to somehow use the front fender structures as cooling ducts for the brakes (and engine)?). Any ways, their ultimate goal is to reduce the number of components in the VH platform.

Personally I am very excited about the project, as then the DB9 and the V8 Vantage would be some of, if not, the lightest luxury GTs available on market.
It is really a territory that I believe no one in the Luxury GT market, except Ferrari, has gotten close to. If they also keep the Manual transmission, be it the 6060, or a similar unit, it would be great.

As for current power hikes, I doubt it, unless there will be a special run of the cars. Ive seen a website that calls for 550 BHP off the DBS by 2012, but it was full of other misinformation, so my credibility towards that source is 0.

I believe the lineup will remain until 2013-2014, (I am expecting a 10 year cycle, based of what they did with the DB7), spare a few facelifts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe not on the current lineup..
Again the VH500 and the VH600 are Aston's projects for replacing the DB9 and the V8 Vantage...
They are due in 2013 or so, and an increase in engine output is expected (However, the same Cosworth V12 will be used on the DB9, as I know so far). I will be doubting it will be a large increase in power, because the main objective of the program is\will be to save weight (from what I have read so far).

The main objective of this program however, is to decrease the weight of the cars significantly, I believe below 1500 kg for the DB9, even less for the Vantage. The One 77 project was a practice of doing so (the weight of the car indicates that alone). They are trying to adapt several parts of the VH platform to fulfill more than one purpose at the same time (I believe one example will be to somehow use the front fender structures as cooling ducts for the brakes (and engine)?). Any ways, their ultimate goal is to reduce the number of components in the VH platform.

Personally I am very excited about the project, as then the DB9 and the V8 Vantage would be some of, if not, the lightest luxury GTs available on market.
It is really a territory that I believe no one in the Luxury GT market, except Ferrari, has gotten close to. If they also keep the Manual transmission, be it the 6060, or a similar unit, it would be great.

As for current power hikes, I doubt it, unless there will be a special run of the cars. Ive seen a website that calls for 550 BHP off the DBS by 2012, but it was full of other misinformation, so my credibility towards that source is 0.

I believe the lineup will remain until 2013-2014, (I am expecting a 10 year cycle, based of what they did with the DB7), spare a few facelifts.
Thanks Serega!!! I've seen similar info about the change in 2012 or 2013. In fact my dealer mentioned it to me when I put down my deposit for a v12 Vantage. I was going to delay my purchase if I heard of more power coming in the next year or so. I also hope that they keep the manual transmission...I love doing my own shifting.

I was hoping that in the last year or two of the model run, that a slight power increase would occur. I guess it remains to be seen if that will happen. It's a fantastic car already...but more power is always welcomed!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Aston doesn't typically do the end of the model thing like Porsche. In fact I kind of get the idea that the Vantage S is probably the closet thing to a special model we're going to see. I have also heard that the attention will go towards weight reduction and modernization. I was also concerned when I bought my V12. However, you can always wait for the next "better" model but then you will never own a car. The V12V is amazing and you don't have to wait. You really don't need more power. In fact, I would be concerned if there is nor some kind of adjustment made to gain more traction before more power. In fact I would be surprised if there is a V12 vantage after this one. I would expect the Vantage V8 to get to about 450HP with less weight performing close to a V12. I also have a feeling that the 6-speed is going to be a thing of the past. All of the exotic's are moving to some kind of automated trans as the standard. Even Porsche has embraced the PDK which says a lot considering their previous position. I wouldn't hesitate with a V12 if it's what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts