Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a OBD2 code P0171, meaning "vacuum leak, bank 1."

Gas cap is tight (darn it). I have no clue which bank is #1, nor can I find a leak by spraying starter fluid on visible vacuum hose connections.

Has anyone had experience with this code? My car is a 2000 Aston Martin DB7 convertible with 34K miles - virtually new. I'd be grateful for clues to fix this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a OBD2 code P0171, meaning "vacuum leak, bank 1."

Gas cap is tight (darn it). I have no clue which bank is #1, nor can I find a leak by spraying starter fluid on visible vacuum hose connections.

Has anyone had experience with this code? My car is a 2000 Aston Martin DB7 convertible with 34K miles - virtually new. I'd be grateful for clues to fix this problem.
Hmmm... that's a tough one. You might want to check out redpants/lol. He's a great AM resource and may have some ideas. Good luck! https://www.redpants.lol/

·
Registered
4 Posts
You definitely can use smoke to chase a vacuum leak, or a leak detector...but just out of curiosity-any chance you've been having issues with the AC/heat flaps? They run off a vacuum manifold behind the dash and when a connection goes south you get the double whammy of a the engine bank throwing codes and the AC not working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts