Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has anyone had this done:

http://www.astonmartin.com/eng/worksservice/optionsupgrades/vanquishoptions/vanquishmanualconversion

I am seriously considering a Vanquish but much prefer manuals to paddle transmissions.
Haven't had this done, but on a related note, the post 2006 conversion looks like a decent deal (spare the VAT):

Originally on Aston Site
Current price for post 2006 model years fitted at Works Service is £14,000.00 plus VAT.
The reconfigured dash board looks very good, to me the best dash in any modern Aston (better than the DB9 setup)...
I believe that another way to get that dash is to go to an aftermarket tuner (they offer similar options), but that is often a waste of money all on its own...
Considering you get that with the manual setup it is great.
Pretty sure you still get the T56 gearbox, and the same tall gears... but would really like to confirm on that...for that price, they might as well have installed the new TR6060. I got little personal preference, both are robust enough.

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't had this done, but on a related note, the post 2006 conversion looks like a decent deal (spare the VAT):

The reconfigured dash board looks very good, to me the best dash in any modern Aston (better than the DB9 setup)...
I believe that another way to get that dash is to go to an aftermarket tuner (they offer similar options), but that is often a waste of money all on its own...
Considering you get that with the manual setup it is great.
Pretty sure you still get the T56 gearbox, and the same tall gears... but would really like to confirm on that...for that price, they might as well have installed the new TR6060. I got little personal preference, both are robust enough.
Is the T56 the same as used in the DB7?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is the T56 the same as used in the DB7?
Yes, it is the same transmission (The 6 speed manual). The gear ratios vary a bit model to model...
The DB7 GT is geared shorter than the DB7 Vantage, which is geared in a shorter range than the Vanquish S and I think the early models in which I believe you are interested.
So if it is NOT the graziano they are putting in while instead reworking the old transmission, the car will not be as rev-happy as a DBS would (engine is another variable there), but instead would retain it's more midweight GT feel: Lots of torque in the low gears, but with the potential to cross the 200 mile/hour mark. Personally this suits the Vanquish much more.
But we all are sure that the conversion to manual will make the situation better regardless.
The transmission question is still to be clarified...

EDIT:
On a side note just went to a recent thread here, the graziano box as of the DB9 is £9,392.00:
http://www.astonmartinlife.com/forums/db9-gearbox-fault-t1055.html
so if they are not doing much to the dash on the Vanquishes up to 2005, it very well could be the new transmission

1 - 6 of 6 Posts