Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a new 2023 Vantage F1. I was hoping to get some feedback from current Vantage owners to see how you like your cars and how it compares to other sports cars you have owned in the past. I have owned a 911 Turbo S, McLaren 570S and a Huracan EVO and I know that I can't compare the Vantage to any of these (except maybe the 911), but I'm just looking for a fun, reliable sports car that is different from cars I've previously owned. Also, has anyone placed an order for a Vantage lately and has the dealer worked with you on the price? It seems like the dealers aren't allowed to get any inventory and can only place an order if a customer's name is tied to it. My dealer is telling me that this is Aston's new policy and they don't see it changing anytime soon...seems strange given their financial issues.Most of my friends who own Aston's have purchased them used and I'm not sure it's the best idea to order one at MSRP. Thanks in advance for any input you have!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a MY19 Vantage and really like it. Won’t go over the details of why ( and my purchase thought process) because I’ve done that in other forums. I think car choice is very personal, and what and why something works for one may not work for another, particularly as one gets more in the toy realm and less in the transportation realm.

However, unless I was really in love with the F1 it would be hard for me, personally, to place an order knowing the model refresh is purportedly coming in 2024MY. I guess it is a coin flip whether it is better or worse for any prospective buyer but just hearing all of Stroll’s redesign/improvements talk would make me delay a “new” purchase. YMMV.

Good luck with whatever route you take.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One other note about ordering MSRP.

Some people are really picky and know exactly what they want so it is almost impossible to find a used car configured perfectly. Ordering new let’s you decide what you want although at a price. Buying used will frequently entail some compromises…but save money. Only you can weigh that.

My old joke about buying a CPO Porsche is every car has $6k in options I don’t want and is missing $6 K in option I do want, so the car is $12k less the car I want even before I start looking at value. I guess you can double that for Aston to $24k. I say this a little tongue in cheek but you see where I’m going. The older I get, the more I want things my way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well said! I’ve been in the exact scenario where I settled on a couple features and purchased the car out of the showroom versus ordering exactly what I wanted - only to regret it! I’m one of the rare people who love an alcantara interior. I ended up selling my 570 because I settled on full leather…that’s one reason I like the F1 over the standard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven’t been car shopping but from what I’ve seen, the alcantara interior is a common option on the F1 so that may not be your most difficult issue if purchasing pre-owned. On the other hand I don’t think I’ve seen great discounts on the used F1 models at this point.

Overall it seems the options on the F1 were less varied. I think it only came in 4 colors but I presume you could special order any color you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am considering a new 2023 Vantage F1. I was hoping to get some feedback from current Vantage owners to see how you like your cars and how it compares to other sports cars you have owned in the past. I have owned a 911 Turbo S, McLaren 570S and a Huracan EVO and I know that I can't compare the Vantage to any of these (except maybe the 911), but I'm just looking for a fun, reliable sports car that is different from cars I've previously owned. Also, has anyone placed an order for a Vantage lately and has the dealer worked with you on the price? It seems like the dealers aren't allowed to get any inventory and can only place an order if a customer's name is tied to it. My dealer is telling me that this is Aston's new policy and they don't see it changing anytime soon...seems strange given their financial issues.Most of my friends who own Aston's have purchased them used and I'm not sure it's the best idea to order one at MSRP. Thanks in advance for any input you have!
Hello, I am in the same boat. Looking to place order in 2 weeks for a brand new F-1. Did you place the order so far ? My other choice is 911 Turbo S, but somehow F-1 looks close to the heart. How was your experience with 911 ? If you did place the order, did you get any discount.... Thanks, from big F-1 fan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did not place the order for the F1. I had been working with my dealership on a order and asked them if prices were increasing and they said no. Then, Monday morning 5/31 came around and my rep called me and said that I had to place the order that day or prices were going up 4% on June 1. I was honestly going to go in the next weekend and place the order, but the last minute “you need to order today” did not sit well with me. I asked if they would honor the previous price and they said they wouldn’t. Thus, no F1 for me! To me the principal matters more then the 4%, especially when I have purchased other cars from them. My understanding is that Aston is pushing their new philosophy of no stock cars, only orders with a customer name on it. As a result, there are no discounts. They can get away with that in today’s market, but let’s see if it holds true in the future when the market shifts back to a buyer market. I’m fine with the model and I think it’s a good model for Aston to become more successful in their space; however, I don’t like the way my dealer handled it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not place the order for the F1. I had been working with my dealership on a order and asked them if prices were increasing and they said no. Then, Monday morning 5/31 came around and my rep called me and said that I had to place the order that day or prices were going up 4% on June 1. I was honestly going to go in the next weekend and place the order, but the last minute “you need to order today” did not sit well with me. I asked if they would honor the previous price and they said they wouldn’t. Thus, no F1 for me! To me the principal matters more then the 4%, especially when I have purchased other cars from them. My understanding is that Aston is pushing their new philosophy of no stock cars, only orders with a customer name on it. As a result, there are no discounts. They can get away with that in today’s market, but let’s see if it holds true in the future when the market shifts back to a buyer market. I’m fine with the model and I think it’s a good model for Aston to become more successful in their space; however, I don’t like the way my dealer handled it.

Thanks for follow up and yes I agree principal matters. Well, will be another cars in the future. You mentioned having other Astons, I am coming from Jaaag and Porsche family and will be my first Aston. Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In my opinion the Vantage is a much more all around comfortable, but yet sporty drive. The Turbo S was a true sports car and you could feel every bump in the road. However, it would stick to the ground when cornering. I think the Vantage would be more comparable to the S or GTS in the Porsche lineup. I was looking for something different and more rare on the road. These days you see 911’s everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, the 911’s are great cars and I’ll probably own another one day, but the Aston just gives you a completely different feeling. I love Alcantara, so I love the interior of the F1 over the 911.
As far as the racing green, I’m not sure if you have seen it in person, but it’s beautiful. I live in Atlanta and I took a trip down to Florida just to see it. It did not disappoint!

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my opinion the Vantage is a much more all around comfortable, but yet sporty drive. The Turbo S was a true sports car and you could feel every bump in the road. However, it would stick to the ground when cornering. I think the Vantage would be more comparable to the S or GTS in the Porsche lineup. I was looking for something different and more rare on the road. These days you see 911’s everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, the 911’s are great cars and I’ll probably own another one day, but the Aston just gives you a completely different feeling. I love Alcantara, so I love the interior of the F1 over the 911.
As far as the racing green, I’m not sure if you have seen it in person, but it’s beautiful. I live in Atlanta and I took a trip down to Florida just to see it. It did not disappoint!
“but the Aston just gives you a completely different feeling” Couldn’t said better. Yes, that Aston Racing Green in person is on another level. I found that from all car manufacturers, Aston paint looking by miles the best. Here in Toronto, it was one at the Fathers day exotic cars show and it’s simple stunning. I will be checking the price in a week and 90% place the order. Waiting time is over year and half.
May I ask you what was the price given to you after 4% increase. Were they willing to give you any discount ?
Yes, I have exactly the same felling about 911, but maybe one day... From all the cars that I drove and it was many of them, by far the best ever was McLaren 720s. But to much money and to much depreciation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts