Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2002 Vantage Volante- port side of engine not firing, exhaust on that side is cold. Right side is fine. Where do I access these pumps to check connection? Any guidance is appreciated! Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks

thank you very much for the extremely informative response. It took time for you to write and I sincerely appreciate it.

I do have a convertible, I've changed the coils and plugs within the last 5000 miles, the carbon canisters were replaced twice. I have not driven the car since the failure, although I did have to drive 20 miles to get back home from the point it broke down. Hopefully, this did not do serious damage.

I will definitely check the pumps, I have the service manual and am quite handy. I also purchased the Ford replacement pumps recently off eBay, I believe this saved me quite a bit of money.

I'll let you know how it goes!

By the way, do you know if I need any special tools or can I simply empty the fuel tank, disconnect the electrical supply, and pull with tank in order to get to the dual fuel pumps?

Thanks again,
Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.