Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone Know Which Fuse Box Location? Then What Fuse Number? By The Way It Is A 2007 Vantage Convertible.
Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Supposedly it isn't actually a fuse as was a rumor for a long time, but just a simple alteration (I'm guessing computer related) that your dealer can do for you to get it to open up at 1400rpm's. There is also another even quicker procedure that performance shops can do supposedly so it opens up on ignition. I will let you know in a few weeks when i try it to see if it works as well as I have been told it does. But for now, defintiely ask your dealer - it should be a simple procedure and they shouldn't charge you for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exhaust Notes

Thank You. Let Me Know How You Make Out. My Car Is Still At The Dealer In Las Vegas. I Live In Pa And Am Leaving In A Few Days To My Winter Home In Florida. I Do Not Know Where Or When I Am Going To Ship It. I Will Talk With The Dealer Before It Ships.
Again Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
exhaust bypass

well if you pull the fuse for the bypass you will set a code in the computer what you need to do is pull the vac line off at the bypass and plug them with caps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealer suggested pulling fuse #22(last week)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fuse 22

Dealer suggested pulling fuse #22(last week)
Yes, this is correct.

In the rear trunk/boot fuse box (not the one in the main cabin) take out FUSE 22 and that's all you have to do and your car is uncorked. This leaves the bypass valves in the exhaust system permanently open, or something like that, instead of only above 4000 RPM.

The only downside to uncorking the exhaust is that you lose ~10 lb/ft of torque below 4,000 rpm (on the V8).

Final note, this does not damage to the car (100%) my dealer confirms this and many hundreds of other owners confirm the same information.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am trying to locate the fuse box in the trunk on the right hand side where the tire pump is located and cant seem to find a fuse box like in the youtube videos

1 - 13 of 13 Posts