Aston Martin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2000 DB7 Vantage Volante.

I'm on a 2700-mile roadtrip (picked up the car in Miami, heading to Arkansas, then Toronto) and my WINDOWS JUST QUIT WORKING. They're both halfway down.

They both quit at exactly the same time. I had almost finished 180 highway miles and I went to adjust the passenger side window up a bit and it all went dead.

I am 5 days from home - this is a pain. Any help troubleshooting would be really great!

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the fuseboxes in the footwell. Replaced the appropriate fuse. We suspect the AC compressor has seized - causing the fuse to blow - so we are riding the west of the way with the AC off. We're in Illinois now - should be ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Windows Quit

Just joined the group and saw this message. I have an 08 V8 Vantage and my passenger window stop working, which resulted in the convertible top not being able to retract. After making sure I had a full charge on the battery, I took out fuse 82 from the fuse box under the carpet on the passenger side floorboard. I waited a few minutes and put the fuse back in its place. That did the trick. Thankfully, since last year I had to have the convertible top motor replaced $$.

What was wrong on your auto?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The AC compressor had indeed seized. This is what caused the fuse to go. There was no problem with the windows.

All fixed no

1 - 6 of 6 Posts