Aston Martin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to change both wipers but can not take off the one on driver´s side since there is an extra "shaft" which makes it impossible to bend upwards.

Any secrets???? Squid????

//B//:mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes simple.. undo the allen bolt that fixes the extra arm to the wiper boss.

It's probably easier to remove the drivers arm altogether, depending on what you are trying to do.

Far better to play it safe than cause any damage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Wiper

Yes simple.. undo the allen bolt that fixes the extra arm to the wiper boss.

It's probably easier to remove the drivers arm altogether, depending on what you are trying to do.

Far better to play it safe than cause any damage.
Drove 500 mls during the week end and the rain was pooring down in buckets on the way home.......need to have new ones.......

Rgds,

//B//

·
Registered
108 Posts
To remove the drivers wiper arm.

Pop out the plastic cap.

Undo and remove the nut within.

Then directly beneath the actual wiper arm, (right above the plastic trim) you will see a square(ish) looking bracket where the second arm pivots on. A single small Allen cap bolt holds this in place, simply loosen the bolt and it will pop upwards.

Watch for the water feed pipe to the washers, this should simply pull off at the top.

When replacing do the reverse but tighten the small Allen bolt LAST! this is to ensure it does not foul the plastic trim or anything else. You might have to adjust it a few MM to get it perfect.

·
Registered
108 Posts
An alternative and this is what I did when I replaced mine.

You can actually simply replace the rubber blades and not the wiper frame.

On mine there are stainless steel end pieces that you squeeze together and then remove, the rubber blade then slides out and you simply slide a new one in. This can be done without dismantling anything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try that one.........got to see how long it is though.......already bought a new small one

//B//

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed......

However, had to buy new complete ones since the price of just the rubber was twice as much as a complete wiper.

Thanks Squid!

//B//:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts